Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review: Reckless #3 by S. C. Stephens

Title: Reckless (Thoughless #3)
Author: S.C. Stephens
Release Date: March 5, 2013
Publisher: Gallery Books
Pages: 544
Source: Bought from Amazon



Synopsis: Can love survive when life gets Reckless?
When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything? 

My Thoughts:

Reckless is the third and final novel in the Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens. In Reckless, we start off with The D-Bags about to go on tour to be major rock stars. The record label lets them stay at the house in L.A and this is where they meet a major star, Sienna Sexton. The label wants them to collaborate on a song because Sienna’s career is hitting a snag but this is where the trouble begins. Kellan and Kiera’s relationship is tested time and time again to prove that their love will last. Reckless did not disappoint; even after a few days of finishing the book, I can’t stop thinking about it because it has affected me so much on a personal level.

This series is very different from anything I have ever read. Usually the books I read are about people who have been cheated on but this is a much different perspective. We see Kiera feeling really guilty about hurting Denny even after 2 years of being with Kellan. Kellan and Kiera go through a lot of issues and have to learn to trust each other 100% in order for their relationship to work. Trust and communication becomes 2 of the major identifying factors that keep their relationship going.

I absolutely love Kiera and Kellan. They have grown a lot since Thoughtless. They have both learned a lot from their previous mistakes and are stronger together than they are apart. I love how Kiera has matured in Reckless. When Kiera told Joey to do whatever she wanted with the tape, I had more respect for Kiera than I ever did before. She supports Kellan because she wants him to be happy and successful even though it has the potential to hurt her. I think this is what I love most about Kiera in this book and also because she is not as jealous about Kellan flirting with fans any longer. It shows that she has more confidence in herself and in her relationship.

The other characters like Griffin and Anna have grown a lot and I found myself liking Griffin, where I didn’t really care for him before. After their baby is born, Griffin becomes more responsible (yeah I said it) and I really like how the baby changed him.

I must say I kind of have a new found respect for stars and their private lives after reading this book. The events that occurred are prime examples of how you can’t believe everything you hear on the news (about major stars) because it could be made up. My heart broke for Kiera when she was ridiculed and assaulted by the public because they thought she was the other woman in Kellan’s life. I must say one of my favourite parts is when Kellan confessed the truth at the radio station about his relationship. I read that part over and over again.

This book had me in tears in 3 separate times; not just in tears but a blubbering mess. I felt for Kiera and everything she went through. I am so happy I decided to read the series because every time I read a series by S. C Stephens, she blows my mind. Her other series, the Conversion series, is great as well. I am a huge fan of the author and I am so happy to read whatever she writes next.

5 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment