Monday, March 11, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

Synopsis: 
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.



My Thoughts:

We start off with Kate still being imprisoned by Cronus and Calliope and is about to give birth to her child. Calliope wants to hurt Kate as badly as she has hurt her, so she wants to take what Kate holds most dear: Henry and their child.

Meanwhile, Cronus wants to rule the world and kill all of the other gods on Olympus. Cronus definitely has a MAJOR god complex; he wants everyone to bow down to him, after all, he is the King of the Titans. Cronus has developed a special connection to Kate and therefore wants her to stay with him and be his queen. Kate agrees in order to protect her son, Henry and the rest of her family.  A mother will do anything to protect her child even if it means making a deal with the devil.

I absolutely love this book. I have been waiting for it for so long and when I finally got my hands on it, it was like little drops of heaven. I love the relationship between Kate and Henry and Kate and her mother. I also love how Kate and Henry bond over their son. Some people might think that Kate is naive but I don’t think she is; when in a situation, she dealt with it the best that she could under the circumstances. Kate grew up human so that put her at a disadvantage sometimes but also at an advantage other times. She was able to think of a way to help her family when none of them could, to stop the war. She is a very strong character in her own way and I really like that; she fights for the things she wants and believes in.

After reading The Goddess Legacy (The Goddess Test #2.5), I understand Calliope a lot more. I understand what drove her to be the way she is. Walter made a whole bunch of promises to her and he didn’t keep the one she wanted the most: Fidelity. I think on some level every woman would have acted like she did in the beginning with her husband cheating all the time and treating her like one of his subjects instead of equals. In The Goddess Inheritance, even though Calliope was completely evil, I found myself feeling a little sorry for her. She just wanted someone to love her and treat her like the queen she is.

The book was really easy to read. I was reminded of how much I liked the author’s writing style. I love the world the author created; it is captivating, magical and full of love in the purest sense. I simply could not put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen. When I wasn’t able to read, I was thinking about it constantly. It definitely will not disappoint. The ending of the series is bittersweet for me. I hope we see more of Aimee Carter soon, and I am so excited to read her next series.

4 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment