Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

Title: With All My Soul
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: March, 26, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 377
Source: Bought ebook from Amazon.com



Synopsis:
What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....

My Thoughts:

With All My Soul starts off 2 weeks after the events of Before I Wake; the gang is at Emma’s (body) funeral and still reeling from everything that happened. Avari lets it be known that he would do anything to get Kaylee’s soul, ANYTHING.

The world of the soul screamers series is unique and I absolutely love it. I love how there is a whole world within the normal human world portraying bean sidhes, reapers and demons. I really enjoyed the whole series. In my opinion, the story got better and better in each novel.

I have been waiting for With All My Soul for awhile to be released. I was so excited but when reading it, I found that there was something missing from this book; something that the other books had and was lacking a little. I found it to be a little irritating how Avari would always be a step ahead of Kaylee and the gang. It was like they couldn’t catch a break, not even a little one and because of that, things got progressively worse.

My favourite thing about this book was the ingenious plan Kaylee came up with to save herself, and her family and friends. I had tears in my eyes when everything came together at the end because that is how GOOD the plan was. I was happy everything worked out the way it did. This was one of the best plans and the best outcome I could have hoped for. This is what made the book great.

Another great part was when Nash finds out what his brother did for him. This was another moment where I was teary eyed, seeing the brothers get along, finally. There was no anger, no sarcasm, just brothers having a heart to heart moment. I read that part over and over again because I could not get enough. I really wanted this to happen in this book and was very happy when it did.

With All My Soul is a fast paced and enchanting read that will make you want to stay up all night reading just so you know what happens next. I am really going to miss Kaylee, Tod, Nash, Sabine and their family and friends.

My Rating:

4 out of 5 stars

Raquel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment